ACC Restaurant Series 2023 – Free Resources for Restaurant Owners and Operators
Come Join Us For Our 2023 Restaurant Series! We are providing FREE resources to help restaurant owners/operators survive and thrive in overcoming challenges and remaining open for business. Listen to industry experts and learn best practices in making your business profitable.
The Following Are In-Person Events Scheduled Through Various Supporting Chambers and Associations.
- Session 1 - Learn How to Build Loyalty and Use Reviews to Engage Customers
April 11, 2023 (Tues) - 2pm - 4pm - Tracy Gee Community Center
Learn what it takes to build loyal customers and how to engage and communicate with them. Use customer's feedback to development brand loyalty and how to improve their experience with your food establishment. Hear from top restaurant owners in Houston and how they made it to the top 100 nationwide.
- Jando Shum – Yelp – Senior Community Director Houston
- Viet Tran – Vietwich – Owner (Yelp’s Top 100 US Restaurants 2023 Winner)
- Diane and Willet Feng – burger-chan – Owners (Yelp’s Top 100 US Restaurants 2023 Winner)
- Session 2 - Current Trends on Supply Chain, Pricing & Employment
April 17, 2023 (Mon) - 2pm - 4pm - Tracy Gee Community Center
With the challenges most restaurant owners are facing, learn best practices of how to deal with rising cost of supplies along with retaining your employees. How do you position your pricing to be profitable while maintaining your customers.
Panelists provided from the Greater Houston Chapter of the Texas Restaurant Association
- Melissa Stewart – Greater Houston Chapter of the Texas Restaurant Association, Executive Director
- Ashley Rosenfeld - A’ La Carte Foodservice Consulting Group, Principal
- Session 3 - What You Need to Know About Starting or Buying into a Franchise
April 24, 2023 (Mon) - 2pm - 4pm - Tracy Gee Community Center
Find out if partnering with a Franchise is for you. Learn what are the startup costs and how to get into the restaurant business quickly. If you already have a food establishment, explore ways to scale your business through building your own franchise and exponentially growing your business.
- Dan Camp - McDonald's, Senior Director of Strategic Franchising
- Sarem Soudager - McDonald’s, Houston Owner Operator
- Kim Way - Small Business Development Center - Houston Office, Director (and Former Restaurant Franchisee)
- Thomas Nguyen - CBRE, Restaurant Practice Leader (and Co-founder of the Peli Peli South African restaurant chain)
NOTE: YOU MUST BE A RESTAURANT OWNER OR IN THE FOOD SERVICES INDUSTRY TO ATTEND
More sessions will be available throughout the year. Schedule and speakers are subject to change without notice. Please check back on our website for details.